2010 Allegretto “Pie Franco” Merlot
Allegretto is produced from a very special block of Merlot in our Stagg’s vineyard in South Osoyoos.
This Merlot is what we call a true Merlot. It is planted on its own rootstock (no grafting). In return we are rewarded with a trueness and transparency in the flavour that is not seen elsewhere. We also believe the white silica sandy soil of this vineyard contributes to the elegant style of this wine.
To soften the tannins and enhance the complexity of flavours, look to items like braised pork belly or beef short ribs with savoury and aromatic components.
- 2016 Allegretto “Pie Franco” Merlot ( Spec Sheet )
- 2015 Allegretto “Pie Franco” Merlot ( Spec Sheet )
- 2014 Allegretto “Pie Franco” Merlot ( Spec Sheet )
- 2013 Allegretto Pie Franco Merlot ( Spec Sheet )
- 2012 Allegretto Pie Franco Merlot ( Spec Sheet )
- 2011 Allegretto Pie Franco Merlot
- 2010 Allegretto “Pie Franco” Merlot
White Silica Sand
|Age of Vines:||13+ years|
|Yield:||2 tons per acre|
|Production:||110 cases of 750ml, 28 cases of 375ml|
|Aging:||18 months in Oak Barrels, 15% New, 30% One Year Old, 55% Neutral|